US Family Visa V-1. Appointment:
- the spouse of the Green Card holder who submitted the application before December 21, 2000, but the US immigrant visa is not yet available to him;
- the spouse of the Green Card holder who submitted the application before December 21, 2000, but is awaiting a decision regarding his status.US Family Visa V-1. Benefits:
- You can enter the United States immediately, while the current waiting period for an immigrant visa for spouses and children of Green Card holders is approximately five years;
- You can apply for an Employment Authorization by registering USCIS Form I-765 and apply for a job;
- You can travel freely inside and outside the United States during your V-1 visa.
US Family Visa V-1. Requirements and documents:
The spouse (a) of a legal U.S. resident (Green Card holder) may apply for a U.S. V-1 family visa abroad (and in some cases in the U.S.) in the following cases:
- Green Card holder submitted an immigration application for a V-1 visa for his / her spouse (s) until December 21, 2000 inclusive;
- The spouse waited three years from the moment the petition was submitted and was not scheduled for an interview;
- The spouse can either wait for the approval of the application by the American Immigration Center (USCIS), or if the application has been approved by the USCIS, the end of the immigration visa processing.Documents for registration.
If you meet the criteria to apply for a V-1 visa at USCIS, then the National Visa Center will notify you of your eligibility.Together with the notification, you will receive a document, Forms DS-3052. You must fill out and return this form to the American Consulate mentioned on your immigration visa application. You must go through an interview at the American Consulate interested in receiving the most information and any additional forms that you may be required to fill out.
US Family Visa V-1 – Duration of Stay:
You can stay in the United States while you wait for the opportunity to apply for legal immigrant status, instead of being outside the United States as required by law.
Visa for family members of a V-1 visa holder.
Children under the age of 21 who wish to accompany you to the United States or to join you later may apply for category V visas. They may also be eligible to receive an Employment Authorization during their stay in the United States.